Publishing & Media Expo Digital Innovation Challenge in association with Digital Shoreditch
12:20 Wednesday 27th February in the Digital and Multi-Publishing Theatre.
The Digital Innovation Challenge is a new feature to Publishing & Media Expo. Digital Innovation Solutions, a Digital Shoreditch collaboration, put a series of challenges posed by publishers to the digital creative community to solve. From the challenges a number of solutions competed to become one of the top five selected to go through to the final showdown at Publishing & Media Expo.
This is your chance to meet the final five up and coming digital companies who can change the way you look at innovation in Publishing. To find out more about the finalists, click on the links below:
• Bardowl has reinvented Audiobooks. We believe opening up audio as an access rather than an ownership model will attract new users to the format and significantly increase audio revenues for publishers and authorss.
• Erudition™ is a specialist digital publishing start-up which partners with publishers and content owners to create purpose-built digital publications from new or existing content. We enable publishers to generate new revenue streams and to transcend the print paradigm with immersive, engaging reader experiences.
• Flockler is a platform that enables brands and publishers to create, customise and publish Flipboard-like magazines combining their own editorial (e.g. blog posts) and social content such as tweets, videos and images.
• PaperRound (Acuity Design) is an inclusive app that allows people to find the information they need quickly and to browse for new ideas and content using a simple tactile search system. Using multi-lingual text-to-speech and an innovative eyes-free control system, we can enable people, wherever they are and whatever their reading capacity, to discover and interact with all kinds of content, formatted automatically to meet their personal needs.
• Platter is Twitter for food. Platter helps cooks share ideas in the simplest format – food photos. But unlike Instagram, Platter reveals the creative process behind the picture. This makes Platter a platform of discovery: new stars, new ideas... and new influences. Possible influences range from cookbooks to columns, and cooks love tagging their favourites. In this way, Platter extends publishers' influence from print to digital, from broadcast to social, breathing new life into old content.
Each will get to pitch and the panel will be asking searching questions.
Attend the session and you can help select the winner along with our panel of leading technologists and publishers:
• Steve Price, MD, Digital Innovation Solutions
• Philip Smith, Head of Content Solutions and Studio Haymarket Brand Republic Group;
• Marc Hartog, CEO, Apptitude Media
• Tony Macklin, Director of Product Development & Strategy, Immediate Media Co;
• Matt Sansam, Technology Strategy Board’s IC tomorrow
Afterwards the finalists will be available at the Digital Innovation Solutions stand along with Digital Shoreditch and the Technology Strategy Board’s IC tomorrow programme.
Steve Price, MD of Digital Innovation Solutions, “I expect it to be a difficult decision for the panel and the audience as the five finalists will wow them in very different ways. It just shows what you can achieve with a challenge led engagement of young ambitious digital companies.”